It is one of the three big ones, extensively in use all over the web
Most modern browsers all support this.
Examples of “new” features with this is the use of variable name “let”, arrow for abbreviation “function” and the use of “classes”.
It is primarily a front-end language, which is running in the browser
What I did to get started was the following:
- Youtube, find your favourite teacher for free, there are many
- Project, have a loose plan of what you are trying to accomplish
- Tools, find suitable tools and create an anvironment that is easy to work with, and add useful extensions
- Additional frameworks and standards
- Chase the solutions ,- find an answer to issues that arise, from this you learn alot about the programming language. But don’t stagnate and loose your inspiration, go on!
I am using Atom as my main editor
I also use MS Visual Studio Code
All of these text editors have nice extensions like FTP-uploaders, Beautifyers, Console loggers auto-type features, linting, debugging, intellisense etc
I had an idea of wanting to show Telldus API data on my own webpage
Step one was then to see what’s available..
Additional frameworks and standards
The npm package “express” can host a Node driven site wich manages Node Routes, request and respone